I'm quite happy with the 16-50 on my K10D in terms of low light
hunting but given your requirements the K10D is certainly not your
body of choice. I have to constantly change the AF point selection
around because she never quite catches the right one. Just as happy
with the two DFA macros but I doubt those will do you any good
HTH Ecke