On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 9:59 PM, paul stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
> That's the name of a program on food network here in the states. But it got
> me to thinking about what I might settle on as "the best thing I ever ate."
> After just a few minutes of soul searching I had to go with an appetizer
> served at The Lobster in Santa Monica, California. It's a slightly crunchy,
> mayonnaise-based lobster salad served on warm pancakes. An amazing contrast
> of temperature, taste and texture. What's yours?

Being rather populist in nature, I must take this conversation down to
the slums a bit.

Montreal (where I grew up and lived during my university years) has a
pastrami-like cured beef called smoked meat.  Schwartz' Deli on The
Main (St. Lawrence Blvd, or St. Laurent in French) is the best.
Served with fresh-cut fries, their "regular" (as opposed to lean or
fatty) smoked meat on rye with mustard, fries and a cherry coke is
heaven.

Even though I've decided to eat meat no longer, I think that's my
favourite meal of all time.

cheers,
frank