On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:28 -0500, "Christian" <christ...@skofteland.net>
wrote:
> Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
> > Stripped of the award he won, that is:
> >
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8470962.stm
> >

> While in Sydney I saw the exhibition and the photo in question at the
> Australian Museum.   Next to this photo was a news article about the
> controversy and questions about whether it would be disqualified.  I'm
> happy to see it disqualified and the photographer being banned for life
> from the competition.  He's gonna have a real hard time entering any
> competitions and restoring his credibility.  The sad part is that there
> were some other really really great photos there that could have won the
> top honors.

Well, I dunno.

I know nothing of Mr Rodriguez and whether he has a track record in this
sort of thing but life banning seems a bit harsh.

>From the information I've seen the judges can't know for certain that
the wolf was a 'model' as they seem to have based their ruling on
examination of photos only.  What do the owners of the wolf have to say?

I agree that life banning is appropriate if there is proof that he
cheated but I haven't seen that proof.

Of course, Mr Rodriguez might come out of this OK on the basis of any
publicity is good publicity.....

I haven't seen the exhibition yet but I'll try to get down to the Aust
Museum later today.  It will be interesting to see if the photo has been
removed.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters