On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 23:02 -0500, "Bill Sawyer" <wsaw...@twmi.rr.com>
wrote:
> BTW, this is playing in Detroit right now - until April 26 or so.
> Enlarged
> to about 3' x 4', it IS a stunning shot.

It's also playing in Sydney at the Australian Museum (as Christian
mentioned).  I just got back from the exhibition and the curators had
already removed the image.  They replaced it with the press release from
the Competition organisers.

Despite the controversy, it's a wonderful exhibition with plenty of
other images that could have won.  My two favourites were:

"Eyes in the Oasis"
http://static.nhmshop.co.uk/images/width340/pd-nhm1092-ca-4549.jpg

and "Hunting Harrier"
http://static.nhmshop.co.uk/images/width340/pd-nhm0966-ca-4591.jpg

You can see low res versions of all of the images here:

http://www.nhmshop.co.uk/veolia-environnement-wildlife-photographer-of-the-year-2009/category.html

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters