Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "frank theriault" <knarftheria...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: OT: Wildlife photographer Stripped

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Ken Waller <kwal...@peoplepc.com> wrote:

I agree but it is THEIR contest.

Honestly?

I don't think it's that great a photo even if it's not staged.  Yeah,
I guess catching a wild wolf doing that at night would be pretty
amazing, but that isn't enough to make it a good photo.

Do you have any idea how much effort & time is required to even see a wolf in the wild ? I do. If that was an honest 'in the wild' shot it would be fantastic. To be there when not only a wolf appeared, but leaped over an obsticle and you were set up to capture it would truly be a lifetime event - IMO.

It's not at all dynamic, the wolf is frozen in air, I mean hell, it
looks like it could be a stuffed animal!

I could see why they think it's staged - whether that's enough to ban
it, I don't know.

Sounds like these guys are a bunch of wankers to me.  First the pick a
lousy pic for their winner, then they ban it on not much evidence.

I agree - why did it ever make it thru the initialjudging.

This doesn't look good on anybody involved.