A similar disqualification occurred in a photographic competition (National Wildlife Refuge) I entered last year - happily not with one of my images. Although the culprit came clean when confronted.

http://refugeassociation.org/new-pdf-files/Press%20Releases/2009Contest_Fraud_Release.pdf
"Five images submitted by Mr. Gamez received "semi-finalist" recognition by contest judges, and

were placed in the "Winning Image Gallery" on NWRA's website. Shortly afterward, contest

staff became concerned that several images were potentially in violation of contest rules

regarding significant digital alterations as well as the stated location of the images. NWRA

promptly investigated the matter, and Mr. Gamez admitted to digitally altering one image and

misrepresenting the location where another was taken. The photographer declined NWRA's

request to provide the original photographs as evidence in support of his claims, and asked that

his images be withdrawn from the contest.

Contest rules stipulate that photos "must be taken at a refuge in the National Wildlife Refuge

System or at a refuge-associated Waterfowl Production Area," and prohibits digital alterations

that "add any elements or objects that do not exist in the original scene."

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel J. Matyola" <danmaty...@gmail.com>
Subject: OT: Wildlife photographer Stripped