"I suggest" versus "Perhaps we could proceed...."
One American's analysis.

Among general professionals in the central U.S.

If Boris Liberman is in upper management speaking to those in middle management, then "I suggest" would have 10% more of the Imperative. Among peers it would be perceived as an option awaiting the opportunity for other options to be presented. If used by middle management to upper management it might be considered brash or bold.

Among Lawyers it would simply be considered as an option. But then we are a rather thick-skinned profession.

Wow! Perhaps English is becoming a language similar to Diplomatic French. Zut Alors!

Galloway.

"I suggest"  might have 10% more