As a consultant I tend to present options and then suggest the one I
personally feel is best.

I make it a rule never to say things more than twice, because the
client is 'always right'.

If I have an idea I express it once.
If I feel strongly about, I express it a second time.
A third time invariably will make me look like the kind of person I
am. An overbearing opinionated pedantic prima donna (so I don't do
that).

After that if the client has me do things the wrong way, I'm a hero
for getting the job done on time, the first time.
When they realize there's a problem and I then suggest the fix, I'm a
hero for getting the job done right, the second time.
I was a hero twice and got paid twice.

Tom C.