John Sessoms wrote:

>From: Godfrey DiGiorgi
>> damm funny
>>
>> http://scottbourne.com/post/368750997/q-a-with-scott-bourne-about-the-ipad
>
>I guess you had to be there.
>
>I will NOT being an ipad. Has nothing to do with my disdain for Apple
>the corporation. Although I have that in plenty.
>
>It's simply because the ipad doesn't do anything for me I can't already
>do with my existing laptop, and the ipad can't do a lot of things I can
>do with my laptop ... like connect a USB card reader.

In all seriousness, I think the iPad has a lot of potential for
photographers, as Scott Bourn points out in his posts about it. The
second generation of the device will probably have a USB connection
and likely an SD slot as well, if only because there will be
competitors with these features by then (Scott's downplaying of this
shortcoming strikes me not as Apple fanboyism but just the
rationalization of anyone delighted with a new toy). The inability to
show raw files will probably be overcome through software very soon.

What Apple's done *right* is what Google always does right: Start with
very *few* features and add stuff gradually as experience and
real-life use demonstrate how it's used and what its strong and weak
points are. Too many companies start with by throwing everything into
a new product to see what sticks <cough>Sony<cough>.

This looks like a classic case of "wait until the early adopters pay
the high prices of the first-generation product and let them fund the
R&D for the better and cheaper second-gen device". :)