2010/2/5 Mark Roberts <m...@robertstech.com>:
> Most of Apple's desktop displays are LG/Philips, with Samsung making
> an occasional appearance. But I can't find out what kind of display is
> in anyone's laptop computer.

Apparently, some of the more obsessed laptop geeks have a habit of
picking their machines apart to find model numbers printed on the
display assembly. That's how Dell was caught sourcing different
displays in some laptop models at different production runs.

It was that story that made me browse for the display manufacturers
directly. I know I checked LG/Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Acer and Sony.
I also checked a few Taiwanese and Korean factories whose names I
can't recall. I sort of gave up when I couldn't find _any_ 14"-15"
screens specifying either IPS/*VA panel technology or at least 8 bit
colour depth. To my knowledge, the 17" panel I mentioned in another
post is actually the only one with documented 8 bit colour depth. I
spent my lunch break today trying to find laptops carrying this
display, and the only one I found was HP's 8730w with DreamColor
display option (at a horrible price...).

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/
http://alunfoto.blogspot.com