Mark,

Sorry, somebody might have responded with this information already -
I am short on time to read the entire thread at the moment.

Fujitsu laptops in general tend to have good quality screens.
I never researched the type of the LCDs.

If you are looking for "ultraportable" line (comparable in size to
netbooks but with a proper CPU capabilities, - you should look at
P series.
S series is somewhat larger/heavier, but still very reasonable.
(they also have "desktop-alternative" versions, - but I don't know
much about those)

You might find discussions about Fujitsu models on leog.net forums useful.

AS for P series, - I've had my P5020D for over 6 years now, and I love
it. 10.8", ~3.6 lbs.
P7K series was also good. Some people like P8K family less, but I think
it's a matter of preference. There are two new models P8210 and
something else that haven't reached US market yet. I am waiting for
them to upgrade my P5K.
There is a claim that until P8120 all P-series laptops were produced
by Fujitsu itself (as opposed to OEM, as it is done by many laptop
manufacturers these days, - especially in case of cheap netbooks).
P8210 is expected to be the first OEM-produced, but again, the claim is
that Fujitsu has very tight control over the OEM.
(Well, Fujitsu is itself an OEM, - so it sounds weird, - but that's
the common usage when OEM is used as "non-brand-name company".)

HTH,

Igor

Wed Feb 3 20:11:07 CST 2010