2010/2/5 steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com>:
> current Mac laptops reportedly have TN displays (if someone has a reference
> to confirm they are IPS i'd like to know), but Apple claims "60% wider
> gamut" and implies all models have the same display quality; i can report
> real satisfaction with casual use of my 13" MacBook Pro display, but i plug
> it into an older 24" IPS display when i edit photos

IIRC, Aplle is accused of faking the 60% claim by doing some clever
colour mapping in software. Dunno the substance in those claims,
unfortunately, but I guess such speculation arises because the sales
pitch lingo is not backed by any easily accessible tech spec.

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/
http://alunfoto.blogspot.com