On Sat, Feb 06, 2010 at 12:38:26PM -0600, Stan Halpin wrote:

> There has been discussion here about the K-7, enough to make me think that I
> would see some improvement over the K20, but not a significant
> order-of-magnitude change. So I am inclined to put that purchase off until
> the K-77, or whatever the next model will be called, which will probably
> include the K-x sensor and related firmware that people give such high marks.
> Even though that will cut into the resale value of my K20's.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, I don't think a K-7x (or whatever)
will use the K-x sensor.  Partly because of the (slightly) lower pixel
count, but mainly because it would not have the higher frame rate made
possible by a four-channel readout from the sensor.

> My primary question on the DA*60-250 has to do with its size, weight, and
> general usability. I have looked at the specs, I see the numbers and compare
> those to the DA*50-135, and still can't tell if the 60-250 is a replacement
> for, an alternative to, the 50-135, or if it is enough larger, heavier,
> bulkier (and slower) that it would be used only if the extra reach were
> needed.
>
> So, for those who have both the 50-135 and 60-250, have you found yourself
> leaving the 50-135 behind? Or is that still your primary choice of a longish
> zoom, with the 60-250 brought out only for special occasions?

I don't have the 60-250 (yet), but I do have the 50-135 and the FA* 80-200
(which, with a 1.4xTC, has a slightly longer reach than the 60-250). The
f toact that I had that lens at home definitely factored into my decision
to buy the 50-135 (just before the prices went up!) before the 60-250.

My standard pick-up-and-go kit is now the K10 (still waiting for a K-7, too)
the DA* 16-50 and 50-135 zooms, and possibly a flash, 10-17, and 50mm prime.

I suspect the 60-250 would come along rather more often than the 80-200,
which is a pretty heavy piece of equipment, but if I'm carrying a large
enough bag to take the 60-250 I expect the 50-135 would be there as well.