On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 5:15 PM, John Francis <jo...@panix.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 06, 2010 at 12:38:26PM -0600, Stan Halpin wrote:
>>
>> There has been discussion here about the K-7, enough to make me think that I
>> would see some improvement over the K20, but not a significant
>> order-of-magnitude change. So I am inclined to put that purchase off until
>> the K-77, or whatever the next model will be called, which will probably
>> include the K-x sensor and related firmware that people give such high
>> marks. Even though that will cut into the resale value of my K20's.
>
> As I pointed out in an earlier post, I don't think a K-7x (or whatever)
> will use the K-x sensor.  Partly because of the (slightly) lower pixel
> count, but mainly because it would not have the higher frame rate made
> possible by a four-channel readout from the sensor.

Why would it not have the higher frame rate? The K-X is already 4.7fps
(all of 0.5fps slower than the K-7) and the same sensor achieves 5fps
in the Sony A500.

That said, I'd expect to see the Sony 14.6MP CMOS sensor from the
A450/A550 instead. No MP drop and more available performance than the
12MP version(it can do 7fps).

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca