Am 07.02.2010 00:56, schrieb steve harley:
On 2010-02-06 17:24 , Martin Trautmann wrote:
Thanks, so the price now is up to $40 or even $90, saving $2 for the
former built-in option.

yeah i guess Apple sold too few to keep the product alive; i'd try eBay
for a better price

I'll have a look, but my current computers all still got the modem function. The next one won't - and I'm not sure whether any usb modem would be sufficient.

Dell models are much cheaper here, about the same size. Are there any experiences about USB 56k modems which did *not* work with Macs?

Thanks,
Martin