2010/2/6 Stan Halpin <s...@stans-photography.info>:
> Among other Apple laptops I have performed surgery on, I have swapped out
> the hard drive on a white iMac G3. Talk about an integrated system not
> designed for user upgrade! But iFixIt is a godsend, and the procedure can be
> done even by a semi-klutz like me. The most nervous I have ever been doing
> such upgrades was in upgrading my Mac+ from 1 to 4mb of RAM. The upgrade
> required cutting two wires that served as jumpers on the circuit board, and I
> rechecked the directions 10-15 times before I made the cuts!
>
> stan

Hardly a consolation, I guess, but I don't think other PC makers are
much better than Apple in this respect... We bought a series of about
100 Fujitsu-Siemens desktop computers at work one year, which need
about 30 minutes of effort each, just to upgrade the RAM... :-(

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/
http://alunfoto.blogspot.com