On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Igor Roshchin <s...@komkon.org> wrote:

> A somewhat wider (especially on the right) then the "peso"
> crop would've been better.
> However, I don't like the headless women on the right.
> So, out of the two I choose the cropped version.
>
> Why is there such a level of grain? It feels as if the photo
> was taken back in 60s-70s with a cheap consumer film and
> developed+printed at home.

I suspect that the grain has to do with the scan of the neg.  It's a
"medium resolution" scan (high resolution costs too much and is only
worth it on a frame-by-frame basis for individual prints).  It does
tend to be flat and grainy, which is probably exacerbated by bright
sunlight/deep shadows of that day.  Most other photos that I've
processed for a computer screen from these scans have not been nearly
so grainy.

Thanks for your comments.

cheers,
frank