On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 4:22 PM, P N Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Nice moment and fun situation. Definitely prefer the crop. Noisier than your
> usual BW. Was it underexposed?

Well, I ended up preferring the full frame version, so deleted the
crop (sorry, Paul!).

It was underexposed, likely due to the bright highlights from the
strong sunlight.  Most of the shot was in the shade, so that was
underexposed.  I was shooting with the manual Leica, so didn't adjust
enough for the shadows.  No time to bracket, as seconds after this
shot one of the ladies asked me if I could take a shot of them with
their camera phone (and I was more than happy to oblige).  Just as I
was shooting with their camera phone hubby/boyfriend/whoever showed up
with a pickup truck to cart away the chairs, so my shooting was done.

Maybe one day if I become famous they'll treasure that camera phone
shot (which was the best of the three shots I got, dammit!).

;-)

Thanks to everyone who commented on both of these versions, and thanks
to everyone who looked.

cheers,
frank