Thanks a bunch for posting this.

On Feb 13, 2010, at 9:32 PM, Bruce Dayton wrote:

Ok, I've had a night and day to work with the camera.  Did some
testing and comparing last night to the K20D and then shot some this
morning and a basketball game this afternoon.  So about 700 shots so
far.

The camera does not feel as robust as the K20D, but it seems to be
reasonable.  It is small, almost too small.  The grip really helps.

It's almost the same size as my K100. I think that some of the ists are smaller aren't they?

The kit lens that comes with it is not as nice as the one that came
with the K20D.  Differences are plastic mount instead of metal, no
quick shift focusing and no hood.  The hood from the other kit lens
fits properly so it appears they just don't include it in the kit.

I noticed that it was an AL not an AL-II.

Boy, was I pleased with the high ISO capability.

That's what I wanted to know about.

 Just a ton better
than the K20D.  At ISO 800, they are fairly close, but from then on
the gap gets wider and wider at each increasing setting.  The K-x is
so much better.  As this was the reason for getting the camera, I am
happy with it.  It really starts to make a difference in how you
think about shooting - with the K20D and earlier models, the high ISO
(greater than 800) is mostly when you have to and don't expect great
results.

What ISO on the K-x is about the same quality as 3200? That's about as hard as I want to push things as far as quality? At the high ISOs would you say the K-x is on stop faster? two?

The biggest downside so far is battery life.  It doesn't go too long
on my rechargeable batts.  Used some Duracell and Sony eneloop type
technology and got about 300 shots or so per set doing lots of continuous
focus stuff.  This is a spot where the K20D, easily surpasses the K-x.

My K100 gets about 500 shots per charge, but I mostly manually focus.

The white body doesn't bother me at all - I rather like it.  It is a
pleasant change from your basic black and it really is not obnoxious
at all.

I'm trying to hold off until I have some justifiable "need" for the camera, rather than just really wanting the better performance.

When do you think you'd use the K20 rather than the K-x?