On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 22:18:48 -0500, you wrote:

>I wouldn't consider buying a 2700/2900 dpi scanner at this point unless I were
>planning to keep it just until I could get a 3600/4000 dpi scanner later.

...and the low re-sale value for second-hand 2700 dpi film scanners
supports your findings in a backhand way.

When I bought my Nikon Coolscan III, there wasn't anything higher than
2700 dpi available for any decent price; now I can't even keep up with
all the good scanners which have significantly higher bit depth,
D-max, and resolution - many at very reasonable prices.

--
John Mustarde
www.photolin.com