Brendan MacRae wrote:

>CS4 has been plagued with install issues, as you've seen firsthand.
>I have the entire suite here that absolutely refuses to install on my Mac.
>I tried the Adobe forums first, then tech support (free for installation
>issues) and spent a good 6-7 hours of my life on the phone and was never
>able to get the stupid thing to install. It's just a complete joke. None
>of the clean scripts they have do a damn thing except get the install to
>a further point before failing.

You'd think that they would have worked out the issues by now. (And,
yes, I discovered that none of their clean scripts works.)

I have high hopes that a clean install in a freshly-installed OS will
function properly, including Premier Pro, Encore and After Efects. But
I'm worried about installing a few CS3 apps after that: I still need
The CS3 versions of Dreamweaver and InDesign to work because I didn't
get the "sell your kidney" version of CS4 that includes them..