On Mar 13, 2010, at 3:14 PM, Scott Loveless wrote:

On 3/13/10, Tanya Love <tanyal...@bigpond.com> wrote:

Further to this, we have TWO types of "muffins" - the ones that are like a huge patty cake (which you call cupcakes) without icing on it (you call it "frosting"). And then the muffin (aka "English" in variety) that you have for brekkie (you call it "breakfast"), with heaps of melted butter and Vegemite or jam on it - oh, wait, you call it "jelly"... Doesn't matter as
they are much better with Vegemite anyways!

Jelly and jam are similar, but not quite the same.  Jelly is made from
fruit juice.  Jam is made from crushed fruit.  Preserves, raspberry
being my favorite, are made from chunks of the fruit.  They're all
combined with lots of sugar and pectin.

As it say on a shirt that I got at the Mezzjelly blues dance workshop weekend:
"It's got to be jelly because jam don't shake like that."