On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 9:58 AM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>> I do 90%+ of my editing in Lightroom nowadays, but there are
>> invariably some details on some photos that need a pixel editor to
>> work on most efficiently. Again, it's a case of "right tools for the
>> right job."
>
> On the 10% that need more than Lightroom offers, does Elements have the
> needed tools, or would you need to go with full-blown Photoshop?

Depends on just what that 10% is. PS Elements has most of what most
people need, but I use Photoshop CSx because, well, I've had Photoshop
since before PS Elements existed.

If what you want to do is compositing (panoramas, hdr, etc), color
management (soft proofing for difficult images), or you want to do
scripted actions on a batch of images, or graphic-arts related
operations incorporating photographic images, Photoshop is the tool. I
don't know all the capabilities of PSE in its latest incarnation, but
if I didn't have Photoshop already, I'd be looking very closely at
Pixelmator too ... very inexpensive and tremendous capability in a
pixel editor.

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com