----- Original Message ----- From: "John Sessoms" <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com>
To: <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2010 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: Digital Darkroom

From: Doug Franklin
On 2010-03-12 23:19, Christine Aguila wrote:
> 30 years ago I once mounted a few photos with a home
> iron. I don't know if I could do that with inkjet prints. Anybody > know?
> I'll have to give it a test probably.

Hmmm, I don't know. I've always used spray-on adhesive and a cold, rubber roller to mount prints. Those were wet chemical prints, though. I'm not sure how the heat would affect some of the modern inkjet paper coatings.

You can dry-mount ink-jet prints. Best if you turn the heat down slightly and you should use a special "release paper" like Bienfang double coated silicone paper between the press and the print.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/47188-REG/Seal_Bienfang_SE_928_Release_Paper_26_x5_yds_.html

Oooh, thanks, John. I was just about to start looking for something like this. I might be able to test an ink jet print in a mounting press, so having something like this will help. Big thanks & cheers, Christine