A few years back we spent two weeks in Scandinavia.  My wife got tired
of fish every day (I didn't -- certainly not with the quality of fish
served there).  She found a restaurant that served "American style
steaks."  She had to sign a release to get it done "rare," and even
then it wasn't anything close to a rare steak in New York.

Dan