On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 12:49:28PM -0400, m...@robertstech.com wrote:
> John Francis <jo...@panix.com> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 09:51:46AM -0600, Tom C wrote:
> >> I just got a Motorola Droid yesterday.
> >>
> >> Anybody know why it occasionally verbalizes 'Drooooiiiiid' like a
> >> Cylon.  I know it'll do this when I plug/unplug USB, but twice this
> >> morning it's said it with no action on my part. An indication of
> >> receiving an online update maybe?
> >
> >That's the general "Notification" noise - it will do that if there
> >is something like a new text message, voice mail, etc.
>
> And you can change the noise to something less obtrusive if you like.
> (Or, I suppose, more obtrusive if that's your thing...)
>
> My S.O. had a Droid phone and it's pretty impressive.

My wife got one the day they came out.  I liked it enough that I had
my work phone changed to a Droid (from an old Treo - the Windows one).

One thing I really like is the display - higher resolution than the
one in the iPhone.  Now what I need is a decent "photo viewer" app;
I'm not impressed with the default one that comes with the phone.