On 4/6/2010 6:18 PM, William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Womer"
Subject: Re: OT: Death of a Photographer

I suspect the servicemen involved are already living their own private
hells from the incident.

It's a pity the civilians that they killed aren't so fortunate.

Horrible things happen in war, it's made that way. Also mistakes happen and innocent people get killed, that's part and parcel of war. In every war.

I wasn't in the chopper trying to tell the difference between a gun and a rifle in real time. I haven't had friends shot or blown up because they erred on the side of mistaking combatants for civilians.

Without having been there, I don't place blame on the servicemen whose own lives are on the line every day, who followed the rules of engagement. I place the blame on the people who pushed for us to get into this war, on the people who for political expediency who didn't oppose our getting into this war, and to the people who blindly accepted fabricated stories of threats and allowed jingoism to sway their emotions.