2010/4/12 John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com>:

> There's no improper English in the construction.

John,
Very much appreciate your encouragement. Quantitatively "more
unobtrusive" appears to be less with 44.500 Google results for "more
unobtrusive" and 126.000 for "less obtrusive". However, I find "more
unobtrusive" is very commonly used, even in online dictionaries. It
just doesn't smack me as logical with due respect to the meaning of
word plus modifier which in my perception makes it an absolute which
may but need not have an opposite. I would guess even among linguists
the jury is still out... so perhaps we should all just let it rest or
turn it into something fun =)
Cheers
Ecke