I have both of these lenses. I would not part with the 77ltd! The 100 macro, on
the other hand, is another lens. A good lens, one I use fairly often, but
without the esthetic appeal. By analogy, the 77mm is like a Rolex or Omega
"self-winding" wristwatch, while the 100 macro is like a competent modern
battery driven timepiece.

As far as functionality, if you only occasionally need macro, then find a used
A-50mm (you don't need autofocus for macro) and buy the 77mm as well. You would
find the 100mm too long for your usage most of the time.

stan