Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graydon" <gray...@marost.ca>

Subject: Re: fa 100mm f2.8 macro or da 77m f1.8 ltd

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 09:56:53PM -0400, Doug Franklin scripsit:
On 2010-04-13 20:25, Graydon wrote:
>I find the FA100 is an excellent general purpose things-out-of-reach
>lens; inside at the zoo, flowers, stuff across the room, etc.

Geez, I feel so out of place around here sometimes.  There don't
seem to be nearly as many "long glass" shooters on the PDML as there
used to be (I know /you're/ there, John Francis :-) ).

Pentax no longer sells anything longer than 300, and while I have both
500 and 800 mm mirror lenses, it's going to be quite awhile until I can
contemplate hunting down an A* 400/2.8.

I think I've seen the 600 FA advertised new in Japan - special order.

The FA100 is still remarkably good for inside birds.

-- Graydon
.