On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 09:56:53PM -0400, Doug Franklin wrote:
> On 2010-04-13 20:25, Graydon wrote:
>
>> I find the FA100 is an excellent general purpose things-out-of-reach
>> lens; inside at the zoo, flowers, stuff across the room, etc.
>
> Geez, I feel so out of place around here sometimes.  There don't seem to
> be nearly as many "long glass" shooters on the PDML as there used to be
> (I know /you're/ there, John Francis :-) ).

Aren't there still a bunch of guys out there with 600/f4s?

I have to admit that my long glass is pretty much an expensive
space filler for now - I've only used the 300/2.8 a couple of
times in the last year, and the 250-600 hasn't even come out of
the case.  I'm considering replacing the 300 (and the 80-200)
in the kit with a 60-250.  But I'll hang on to the 250-600 for
a while - I do plan to take another trip to San Diego soon.