Something I've been meaning to ask about. Has anyone had the experience of
shooting with an SDM lens, fresh out of the bag from a warm car and into early
morning air chilly enough to produce visible breath fog.
This happened one morning while at the coast DA* 50~135). AF felt as though it
were operating in at least cool molasses. I was attempting to track some birds
in flight and had to pick them up early and try holding focus awaiting the
shutter.
Later in the day, I took it out into the warming sun for a few minutes and
tried it again. This time it seemed to be normally quick in response.
I was relieved, but made me wonder if it's starting to wimp out. K20D battery
appeared to be fully charged.
Any such experiences?

Thanks!

Jack