In the Automotive industry its sometimes referred to as an assometer.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "eckinator" <eckina...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: SDM in Cold Weather

2010/4/14 Jack Davis <jdavi...@yahoo.com>:

OH, don't say that, ecke! ;) Again!

Yeah it is my 2nd lens plus repaired once. These things seem to
happen. As long as it is under warranty I'm OK with it.

I think you may be referring to what my brother calls "drag ass" drivers.?

I'm not sure what that means but we have a colloquial term in German
"Popometer" which translates to "buttmeter" (or perhaps
"buttmeasure"). For example, my car has this engine shake in idle when
running on LPG that is not there on 95 Octane. It's there since Subaru
replaced the engine under warranty at 43810 km. Also, the pedals
vibrate. It's there, it's annoying and my buttmeter picks it up
because I drive that bucket every day. People at garages don't detect
it for lack of reference. I guess I will have to live with it.

Does that example make it clear?
Cheers
Ecke