On Apr 18, 2010, at 6:10 AM, David Mann wrote:

On Apr 17, 2010, at 10:13 PM, Rob Studdert wrote:

On 17/04/2010, David Mann <dm...@bluemoon.net.nz> wrote:

My amplifier is a fairly simple transistor-based class A amplifier which is probably a little overbuilt for what it needs to drive.

Probably only overbuilt if the quiescent power is more than 100W ;-)

Closer to 15W, IIRC.  I think that's overkill enough.

It's built in a dual mono configuration with quite a lot of energy storage... the thing I like about audio projects is that no matter how over the top you go, someone out there will still understand.

You can never have enough headroom. Or be too rich.

Cheers
Mike