On Apr 30, 2010, at 18:52 , paul stenquist wrote:

Mac's simply don't 'Just Work' in large network environments. In
reality they require far more support time and cost in large
deployments than PC's because Apple has nothing comparable to Active
Directory and Exchange.

No corporate IT department has enough budget or headcount to survive
creating work for itself, so Macs are right out for large
organizations.
--
I've worked in ad agencies that had huge networks of Macs -- more than `1000 at BBDO Detroit. Problems were few and far between, non- existent for most users. But you have to have Mac IT people. You can't leave it to PC guys.
Paul

Thanks Paul. Those PC folk have no idea what can be done. As I recall, a few years ago someone at some university built a setup of about 300 Mac Pros running as essentially parallel processors, and they clocked in faster than any other computer or computer array ever, including Crays. Of course, such things are only viable for 6 to 12 months when newer equipment is introduced that would best them. Such is the logarithmic world of the advances in the digital domain.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

THE SENILITY PRAYER :
Grant me the senility to forget the people
I never liked anyway,
The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.