I have been reading the recent K-7 thread with great interest.

I have a K20D.  From September 2009-March 2010 I took at least 10,000 exposures
at my son's hockey games, shooting from either a penalty box or behind the
bench, using a DA 50-135 2.8, shooting with an aperature priority setting of
2.8 and ASA of either 800-1600 or 1600 only.  I shoot RAW.

As a friend put it, the quality of my shots was roughly inversely proportional
to the speed of the action.  The action shots were a little soft, or a little
blurred as my shutter speeds were not quite fast enough.  The light in these
recreation rinks usually leaves a lot to be desired.  I think I need to be
shooting at ASA 3200 or 6400.

To add one more variable to the mix, I've purchased a Sigma 70-200 2.8 with
next season in mind which probably means I need to add to be at least one
f-stop faster just to stay where I am now.  I have a monopod and am planning to
use it although I find it awkward.  Lastly, although I have become addicted to
hockey photography I use the K20D for all family photography including soccer
games as well.

My questions are: should I consider selling my K20D and buying a K-x?  Can I
shoot at 6400 with a K-x and get quality shots?   What would I lose by
replacing the K20D with the K-x?

I read a lot of discussion about a new, high end Pentax SLR being announced in
September.  What is the likelihood of that happening?

Thanks for your comments,
Robert