On 5/23/2010 1:38 PM, Robert Jordan wrote:

My questions are: should I consider selling my K20D and buying a K-x?  Can I
shoot at 6400 with a K-x and get quality shots?   What would I lose by
replacing the K20D with the K-x?

Together, the K-x and the K20 are almost everything I need in a camera.

The K20 has excellent ergonomics, and the K-x pretty good ergonomics.
The K20 is better at low ISO the K-x is much better at high iso.
The K-x is better at metering and autofocus.
The K20 is a bit more comfortable in my hand, the K-x is smaller, lighter and easier to carry.

I read a lot of discussion about a new, high end Pentax SLR being announced in
September.  What is the likelihood of that happening?

Probably pretty good. Though for what it would cost you to sell your K20 and pick up the new top of the line Pentax next fall, you could probably keep your K20 and pick up a K-x today.

Thanks for your comments,
Robert