> > As far as I can tell, with Home your network must consist
> only of Win
> > 7 boxes and nothing else.
>
> We have a Win7 Home machine at work (not my fault) and it can
> talk to our Linux fileserver quite happily.  With the Home
> version you don't get domain logins & roaming profiles but we
> don't need them anyway.,

Yes, I stand corrected - I misread some of the stuff I was looking at to try
and help me get the network set up here. I received my new netbook this
morning pre-loaded with Win 7 Pro and it connected to the network straight
away without any issues at all. Most impressed with Lenovo - a lovely little
box (Thinkpad X100e), much better than the Toshiba which failed on me.

Bob