Two questions.

1. What is it "class A drugs"? I am unfamiliar with drugs classification.

stuff like heroin.

2. Consider the same situation from the child perspective. Once born in a state of A, B or C, they become fully fledged citizens of that state, right? Then, does it mean that mere right and privilege of a child to live their life out in full is in fact dependent on degree of responsibility of their parents? I am thinking that it is rather tricky question to answer in a simple clean cut manner. I also think that it is in the direct interest of a state to increase the likelihood of any child growing up to be a full adult. Therefore, as such the state might and probably should endeavor to have an influence on certain things.

broadly speaking it is the parents' responsibility to make sure that their children grow up. However the rest of us as individuals and the state itself have a duty to intervene in certain cases where any person, not just a child, is in clear and present danger. For example, if we see a child suffering in the back of a car or a swimmer being swept away by the current.

But that's a long way from saying the state should have an influence on such things. Once you let the state, or other people, make your decisions for you, you have effectively given up your freedom, and responsibility, as an adult to make your own decisions. You might think that because the state in this case would make the same decision as you that nothing is lost. However, you would have established the principle and they will soon make decisions that you do not agree with, and where does that leave you?

Furthermore, once you have decided that someone else can make your decisions for you about the upbringing of your child, who is that someone going to be? Who are you going to trust to make your decisions for you?

The government, medical profession etc. should provide information
about the effects of these activities on our health and let us decide
what we want to do about it, provided we're only affecting
ourselves.

So, you say, injecting heroin (provided it is injected) is fine as long as it is done behind doors alone? Isn't it a bit shallow perspective?

I didn't say it should be done alone and behind closed doors, or that it should necessarily be injected. I see no reason at all why it shouldn't be done on public licensed premises (opium dens, effectively) as well, just as we drink at home and in pubs and just as in some places people go to coffee shops to smoke grass.

This is the classic liberal position on such matters.

Pleasure to make an acquaintance.

Boris