On 5/31/2010 4:45 PM, William Robb wrote:
So Boris, how is forcing me to spend an extra couple of hundred dollars
or so on a new vehicle for a baby seat monitor that will never be used
going to protect me from someone else's stupidity?
How is someone doing a shake and bake on their infant by locking them in
a car going to harm me personally?

Well, I am not sure your car has it, but my sure does - it is called ISOFix and it is a set of anchors (for lack of better word) that are used in order to extra securely attach a child seat...

Suppose, sir William that you have only a family of two, which as far as I remember is the case for you. Now, tell me does it really help you to have 2 air bags for special protection of rear seat occupants???

I am thinking that those air bags are way more expensive than the above monitor. Yet, I don't recall hearing much protest from you or anyone else on this.

When people toss numbers around like $10.00/ vehicle, they are blowing
smoke out their ass. When our government mandated daytime headlight use,
and forced manufacturers to put a device into vehicles that forced the
headlights on whenever the car was put in gear, it may have only been a
$10.00 component, but the cost to the consumer was a couple of hundred
dollars per car according to the Canadian Automobile Association at the
time the legislation was passed.

I agree. Bob W indicated that he wouldn't mind if it were an option. However, I would add to Bob W's agreement a requirement of my own that such a system would be available from any car manufacturer as an extra cost option.

Boris