Hello Christine,

Sorry, I can't help.  I shoot with Alien Bees monolights.  They seem
to be about the best bang for the buck.  Pretty much the features of
the big boys, but not quite the duty cycle.  So if you are a part
timer, they work very well.  If you are going to use them day in/day
out for years, they probably wouldn't hold up.  But they are priced
accordingly.

My experience with hot lights is that they are very uncomfortable to
work with and the bulbs don't last long and they shift color
temperature over the life of the bulb.  For B&W the color shift is no
big deal, but for color work, it can be bothersome.

--
Best regards,
Bruce