From: "Bruce Walker"
Subject: Re: studio light brand suggestions

Out of phase issues with the CFLs: hmmm, I hadn't heard anything about that, but it certainly sounds like a valid concern. I'd imagine that would vary widely by CFL make and the amount of coating used in the tube.

I'm basing this on the number of times I've seen wonky white balance and that sort of thing while shooting under florescent lighting. I don't know for a fact that CFL lights work the same as 8' tubes, but I also don't see why they wouldn't.

The new LED arrays that are sold for video shooting use uniform matched "white" LEDs and are apparently very close to traditional Flash WB.

One should learn something new every day. Thank you, it's early yet and I have succeeded.

William Robb