From: "Bruce Walker" <bruce.wal...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: studio light brand suggestions

The latest trend in hotlights seems to be clusters of CFLs, so not so much heat any more. The other trend is LEDs but they are *really* expensive for an equivalent amount of light.

My concern with CFLs is getting out of phase lighting, which can be a problem if you want to shoot at higher shutter speeds than 1/30 second (in NA, anyway, it might be different in OZ if the power cycles different from here). I've heard of people having atrocious white balance problems with LEDs (stage lights) because they are such very narrow spectrum lights.

William Robb