William Robb wrote:

From: "Christine  Aguila"
Here's a question for folks shooting in studio conditions:

Any particular *brand recommendations* for *continuous tungsten studio lights* to be used for portraiture?

What Bruce said. The Alien Bees have a decent reputation, I prefer Photogenic, though I think they are somewhat more expensive. Honestly, if I was stuck on the idea of using halogen hot lights, I'd head down to my local Home Depot and see what they had for jobsite lights (though my store only has not so compact fluorescents now).

William Robb

The latest trend in hotlights seems to be clusters of CFLs, so not so much heat any more. The other trend is LEDs but they are *really* expensive for an equivalent amount of light.

-bmw