For continuous light,  I tend to buy clamp lights from the hardware store.
Relatively inexpensive, easy to replace and almost infinitely versatile in
their placement.

I have been extremely impressed with the service at Paul C Buff / alienbee.
When a bulb went out on one of my white lightnings, the replacement bulb was
something like $10 or $20.  When one of my 20+ year old white lightnings went
out, and they couldn't repair it, they let me buy a current model for half of
list price.