PJA> On 6/24/2010 9:21 AM, William Robb wrote:

>> From: "Tanya Love"
>> Subject: RE: Noise with K7
>>

>> Nice of you to give all the information right off the get go.
>> Why aren`t you using a D700 or D3?
>> They are the right tools for the job. Nothing from Pentax comes even
>> remotely close.
>>
>> William Robb
>>
PJA> My guess is budget.

Peter is probably right.  It was in my case.  I needed a body to
shoot one gymnastics meet.  The K-x was $500 - the D700 + 24-70/2.8
was WAY more.  It couldn't be justified.

For Tanya, the question becomes what is her normal shooting?  If this
type of thing becomes the bread and butter, then yes, she should dump
her Pentax stuff and switch to the Nikon D700 + stuff.  If it is only
some of the time, the K-x might be good enough.

Certainly it would make sense to buy/borrow a K-x and try a shoot
before making a final decision - there is such a huge difference in
cost.