From: "Tanya Love"
Subject: RE: Noise with K7

I've been finding the noise really annoying, significantly adding to my post
workflow as I have been shooting a fair few poorly lit interiors
of late for various publications.

I am actually thinking I might get myself a K20D to use for this purpose. I
wonder if the K-X would be any better?

The K-x would help, but a good tripod would help more.
I've recently taken on an interiors project that has me doing several minute exposures. It isn't a process that can be rushed, as you can't turn off DFS on the K7, but the results are being very good. I tend to run auto noise reduction during raw conversion, and I also take the time to make NR presets. BTW, CS5 and I believe Lightroom 3 both have excellent NR during raw conversion.

William Robb