On Jul 17, 2010, at 5:59 PM, Bob W wrote:

> In 2007,
> the average farm size in the EU-15 was 46.2 acres, whereas the average farm
> size in the United States was 418 acres.

If you calculated the average farm size in the Midwest, the agricultural
breadbasket of the country, my guess is the average size would be considerably
larger. In Central Illinois, where I'm from, 500 acres would be considered
small, and possibly not of sufficient size to provide a decent income to a
family. In this area more and more farming is becoming corporate, and those
"farms" would be MUCH larger.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net