2010/7/18 P. J. Alling <webstertwenty...@gmail.com>:

> We produce a lot of food.  Feed large parts of the world and ourselves for
> less money than most anyone else.  Most people think this is a good thing.

I think so, too. Feeding people is good. I could do without Monsanto, though.

>  However for a farmer to make enough money selling food, they have to
> produce a lot of food.

Now /that/ is wrong. There seems to be a bad end on that food chain, too.

Around here, lots of subsidies go into agriculture producing an excess
of supply and unrealistic expectations. Huge amounts of produce are
destroyed or rendered unsuitable for human consumption in the EU every
year just to keep prices high. I think that is just sick. So much good
could be done with that.

Ecke