Well stated Adam. And as you say it applies to not only religion but
to virtually any aspect of speech under the sun.

If one does a bit of research they'd find that groups like Jehovah's
Witnesses, and particularly Jehovah's Witnesses have fought and won
legal battles in the Supreme Court of The United States, The World
Court, and elsewhere, that have secured the rights to feedom of
expression and religion for not just themselves, but for everyone that
falls under the jurisdiction of those courts. The result is that
they've aided in securing those freedoms for groups that they are
diametrically opposed to as well.

And as has been stated many times, once the government can restrict
the freedoms or speech of one group, it's a short step to restricting
them for others.  There are exceptions of course.

So next time one walks by a tract passer or receives a knock on their
door, instead of being bothered, one could reflect on the fact that
the feedom to express one's beliefs in public is not a freedom enjoyed
everywhere in the world.

Tom C.